Who Can Help! Victim Witness Coordinator
The Victim & Witness Protection Act
The Federal Victim and Witness Protection Act and the North Carolina Fair Treatment for Victims and Witnesses Act directs that certain services be made available to victims and witnesses of serious crimes, as well as to the families of murder victims and to seriously injured children.
One of the first things to pay attention to is your need to feel safe. Take precautions to make yourself feel safe, enabling you to restore some sense of being in control.
As a citizen of Cumberland County you are entitled to the following:
- To be advised if an arrest is made.
- To be kept informed of the status of your case.
- To be advised about the status of the defendant.
- To be advised about all aspects of your participation in a trial.
- To have any recovered stolen property returned to you as soon as possible.
- To be advised about the results of a trial or any other disposition of the case.
E-File Domestic Violence Protective Order Flyer – Domestic Violence Protective Orders. Form 50-B
Victims Rights – The Crime Victims’ Rights Act.
Who Can Help – Resources with Phone Numbers
Victim & Witness Coordinator – Debbie Cashwell – (910) 677-5454
* Contact us via Email.
Hours of Operation: M – F 8:00am to 5:00pm
After hour emergencies should contact the Watch Commander at (910) 677-5432